Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 2 Lab 2 - Gear

Process

This is how i create a gear.

I create a pipe with 4 subdivisions for height, 3 subdivisions for caps and 32 subdivisions for axis.

I select the faces that are in the middle of the gear so that they can be extruded to form the teeth of the gear.

I then extrude the faces that i have selected to make the teeth.

Techniques

The main technique taught here was the extrude tool.

The extrude tool helps to pull out a face, affecting the selected face only. If you were to pull it out using the scale or move tool, the neighbor faces would move too.

Reflection

This exercise is extremely easy to do.

I felt that this gave me quite a warm up on what to expect from the extrude tool! If this were the tip of the iceberg, I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to extrude more complicated faces!

Note: I forgot to post this on my blog, so i had to post it now, but it's not in order already. :/

References

gear_01.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment