Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Research - Hypershade

I have searched for a way to colour my models in Maya and this is what I came out with.

To colour an object:

1) Open Hypershade editor which is under Window > Rendering Editors > Hypershade.

2) Create a new texture by double clicking on the texture i want and then giving a name.

3) Select the object that I want to colour, then hold right click on the material that you want to assign the object to, and click "Assign Material To Selection".

Alternatively, one can also right click on the object, scroll down the options to "Assign New Material, Assign Existing Material or Assign Favourite Material. "

I also can select which parts of an object I want to colour by using face mode. I select the faces that I want to be coloured and assign a material to them.

References:

Add Some Colour:

No comments:

Post a Comment