Saturday, January 28, 2012

Topic 3 - Spiderman and Eleven Rig poses

These are the poses done for the Spiderman and Eleven rigs that were given to us.

Spiderman:

This is the basic pose that we were given to do.
However, the pose needed to be more relaxed and that Spiderman himself should not look too strained in the pose. Therefore, I had to make several changes to his spine posture, his leg posture and his arm posture. I had quite a bit of trouble making the legs looked relaxed as the leg joints had many constraints.

I also had to edit the arms as I didn't want him to look too stressed while hanging upside down holding his rope. This was then I realised that the majority of the weight was concentrated on the arms. Therefore, the rest of the body can be more relaxed.

These are the other poses I created:

This is my second chosen pose for spiderman. As you can see, there is a little difference as the view in the reference picture is more artistic. Also, the rig had several limitations which made it impossible to move the arm in certain directions.

This is the third pose that I did for the spiderman rig. This involves a large movement of the hips and the spine to make this crawling position. However, the limitations of the legs and the foot are quiet severe which makes the leg look slightly weird.

Eleven Rig:

The eleven rig was less realistic, with a more cartoony theme to it. This time, I had to notice the curves obtained by the poses and follow them.

This is the first pose that I had done. As you can see in the reference picture, there is a smooth flow from the head to the elbow and then to the hands. I have tried to replicate this smooth flow in the Eleven rig. However, the limitations of the model does not allow me to make the arm look so flowy and that the arm proportion is different. However, the overall pose is still there.

This is the second pose that was done for the Eleven Rig. This pose was relatively easy to do. I needed to position the hip to the correct angle so that it would give off the sexy feel as shown in the reference picture. Then, I had to adjust the face and the smile of the rig.

This is the third pose I did for the Eleven Rig. It was easy overall, and the body had nice flow to it too. The legs were pretty troublesome though, as the rig had many limitations to the joints.

Reflection:

I felt that this exercise was pretty easy and fulfilling. I have learnt many things about posing, such as extremes, key poses, relaxed poses, flow of body, rig constraints and how it may affect posing.

This is the stepping stone to animation, which is the combination of several of these poses together to create one smooth flowing video. However, posing is just the tip of the iceberg and that animation still has many different factors that has to be counted, such as transitions and timing.

Overall, I felt that I had fun with this posing exercise.



No comments:

Post a Comment