Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Topic 4 - Rigging

Pose 1:

This pose is a sexy pose, for a model to showcase clothes to people. I believed that this pose is good as it shows off the feminine figure of the rig.

Pose 2:

This is a battle pose. This pose shows the model stopping someone behind her from fighting and that she should take the fight herself instead. I chose this pose because it demonstrates how the rig can showcase thoughts and emotions.

Pose 3:

This is a pose which shows the model flying in the air with her super power. I chose this pose because i can show case the capability of the legs.

Reflection

I find this exercise to be extremely tedious and hard to do, due to the amount of instructions needed to follow and the time taken to rig the model. Also, It was very hard at first for me to orient the joints properly with the model's figure as viewing it from different angles may cause harm to the view of the entire model. A single mistake in orienting the joints would cause the whole rig to go totally off and I would have to redo the entire rig all over again.

I also learnt about the different kind of constraints which prevents the humanoid body of the model from moving in impossible directions or positions that is totally unacceptable for the human body. I also learnt the difference between SCSolver and RPSolver.

Overall, I learnt that rigging is truly a stressful and difficult job for 3D riggers. However, once the rigging is done, the end product would be pretty satisfactory.

No comments:

Post a Comment