Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week 10 Lab 1 - 12 Basic Principles of Animation

Exercise 1 & 2


Squash & Stretch
The ball bounces off the ground several times, giving it a squash and stretch feel when it deforms.

Anticipation
This can be counted as anticipation in the sense that I would want to anticipate the blast that I am going to fire, hence the charging up stance.

Staging
As you can see, the animation is focused on me jumping, ignoring much of the background.

Straight Action or Pose to Pose
This clip is using the pose to pose principle as you can see, the moves are abrupt and they are not that smooth. There are many sudden pauses in the movement.

Follow through & Overlapping action
This principle can be seen when I jump, and then my hair moves too.

Slow in and out
This can be seen when I bounce the ball towards my friend, having extreme points when the ball reaches the ground.

Arcs
As I throw my ball to my friend, the movement of the ball creates an arc.

Secondary Action
As you can see in the video, I move my arms when I run.

Timing
The ball gets slower as it reaches the ground.

Exaggeration
As I "Punch" my friend, he stumbles, creating an exaggerated effect that my punch hurt.

Solid Drawing
As the ball gets nearer to the wall, the shadow gets smaller.

Appeal
My friend slams the table before punching me, giving the impression that he is angry.


Exercise 3


Staging - 0:38
The camera is focused on Poison (the girl) as she talks.

Anticpation - 0:40
Hugo (the big guy) anticipates his kick when he was going to kick the cage open.

Follow through & Overlapping action - 0:44
As Hugo runs, his hair moves too.

Exaggeration - 0:48
As Hugo lands, Marduk (the bald guy) stumbles due to the impact of the jump and Hugo's weight, suggesting that Hugo is extremely big.

Squash & Stretch - 0:53
As Marduk gets hit right in his face, his face deforms, giving Squash and Stretch

Timing - 1:26
As King (The guy wearing the cheetah mask) grabs Hugo by his legs, he swings him, building momentum and swinging faster as he moves.

Arcs - 1:32
As King swings Hugo, it forms a circle around him.

Appeal - 1:54
Guy (The person on the left) crosses his arms, giving him a serious and cool look.



Techniques

This exercise has taught me the 12 basic principles of animation.

Reflection

I think this exercise was rather easy.
It was also rather fun too, when i was taking videos of me and my friends doing all the movements that we are supposed to do in the lab sheet. I find this exercise very important, and I think that the 12 basic principles of animation are much less burned into my head.

References


No comments:

Post a Comment