Sunday, August 21, 2011

Assignment 2: Scenario 2

This is how I created my Robotic Arm animation.

Process

Using the rigged scene I have gotten from the previous exercise, I have started on my animation.

I then start with my first clip from my storyboard. The robot is busy stacking boxes.

The second clip of my storyboard. The robot goes on to pick up the box. I added a squash deformer so that it would fulfill the basic principle of animation - squash & stretch. The magnetic end of the arm will squash when it touches the box. It will then stretch after a few frames.

The third clip of my storyboard. The robot puts down the box that it picked up. I set the blend parent to 1 so that the box will move along with the arm. When the box is settled, I set the bledn parent back to 0 so that the arm would let go of the box.

The fourth clip of my storyboard. The robot first examines the box. It then gets suprised and then shakes its head in disapproval. I have made the swivel base move when the robot nodded so that it would look more natural and that the robot would look more alive.

The fifth clip of my storyboard. The robot goes on to pick up the box. I also added squash and stretch for this part. However, the squash and stretch is more vigorous now, since the robot pressed onto the box with more force.

The sixth clip of my storyboard. I then made the robot throw the box, by setting the blend parent of the box to 0 when the arm is near the edge. Then, I rotated and move the box, set keyframes so that the box would look like it was thrown.

The seventh clip of my storyboard. The robot will then spin around and around due to the force of the throw. I then set the swivel base to rotate a few times.

The last clip in my storyboard. I then made the robot look at the screen.

I then used the graph editor to make the animation more natural.

A few times that I had used graph editor include:

Making the ease in and ease out motion when the arm goes on to pick a box up.
Making the suprise motion after the arm examines the box.
Making the swing more natural by making it lose velocity the longer it spins.

After smoothing my animation, I playblasted it, using a resolution of 640 x 360.

This is the result of my Robotic Arm Animation:




No comments:

Post a Comment